Lloydminster Region Housing Group was formed January 1, 1995 to manage the public housing properties in the Lloydminster region.
After operating for 60 years as a division of Lloydminster Region Housing Group (LRHG), Pioneer Lodge and House passed a motion to join with the LRHG’s board. This new structure established one board and one administration for all of Alberta’s social housing portfolio in our region.
Lloydminster Region Housing Group is currently seeking its next Chief Executive Officer.
- passion for adapting and growing the affordable housing supply in the communities we serve.
- Knowledge of building maintenance with experience managing projects.
- Knowledge of social support systems provided by the Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Experience developing and implementing business plans and strategies, as well as
preparing & implementing operating and capital budgets.
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and networks with stakeholders, municipalities,
agencies, and various levels of government.
|Job title||Chief Executive Officer|
|Reports to||Housing Management Body Board|
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the overall leadership of Lloydminster Region Housing Group (LRHG). Under direction of the LRHG Board, the Chief Executive Officer will oversee all social housing in Lloydminster, AB and area; 415 units, on 14 different sites, in 3 communities. Currently the portfolio includes rent assistance, family housing, seniors’ independent housing, lodge suites and Designated Supportive Living 4 (DSL 4) units. The position is responsible for strategic leadership to 100+ staff members with direct reports from the senior management team:
- Director of Operations
- Human Resource Manager
- Maintenance Manager
The incumbent fosters efficient use of resources and identifies opportunities and efficiencies in an ever-changing environment, focusing on community need. Working closely with the LRHG Board, the Chief Executive Officer develops strategic and business planning that will fulfill the LRHG’s purpose and mission. The CEO will focus on building effective, cohesive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, municipalities, Governments of Alberta and Saskatchewan, as well as the Government of Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading, directing and the execution of programs and services offered through Lloydminster Region Housing Group.
- Recommend capital development opportunities, capital maintenance requirements and asset management plans to the Board to meet the affordable housing needs in the municipalities Lloydminster Region Housing Group serves.
- Demonstrate passionate personal commitment to quality leadership.
- Effectively translates concepts and information related to Lloydminster Region Housing Group.
- Establishes credibility by demonstrating broad knowledge and good judgement.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to all departments.
- Implement priorities in support of the Board’s strategic priorities/direction and to identify/address issues, needs, services and delivery requirements, as well as recommended solutions.
- Provide direction on investigation and implementation of policy and procedure improvements.
- Serves as primary spokesperson and representative for Lloydminster Region Housing Group.
- Provides direction and technical support for asset maintenance and asset building.
- Invests time in managing and developing people, individually and collectively.
- Building and promoting a culture that reflects Lloydminster Region Housing Group’s values.
- Ensures the efficiencies of the senior management team through their selection, training, development, and motivation.
- Ensures all LRHG employees are provided with the tools (equipment and training) needed to be successful in their positions.
- Ensures the team has the capacity and diversity to meet current and future needs.
- Develops, monitors, and implements Lloydminster Region Housing Group’s business plans, strategies, and processes to ensure high quality of service delivery with a focus on tenant/resident services.
- Responsible for the preparation, coordinating, and implementing of the annual operating and capital budget for Lloydminster Region Housing Group.
- Investigates possible solutions to address facility needs, providing the Board with sustainable options to meet those needs.
- Prepares budget reports and delivers information to the Board and public regarding the fiscal status.
- Ensures compliance with all government requirements, including but not limited to Accommodation Standards for licensing, CCHSS and Public Health.
- Lead change that maximizes desired results and outcomes within the departments, the organization, and the community.
- Fosters an inclusive environment that promotes innovation, continuous improvement, and manages risk-taking.
- Anticipates then addresses the impact of large-scale changes on residents/tenants, families and staff.
- Develops a culture where people hold themselves personally accountable for results.
- Serves as a role model in making critical decisions that are required to move the organization forward.
- Sets a climate where team and organizational achievements are recognized, rewarded, and celebrated.
- Establishes expectations regarding performance and what success looks like.
- Cultivates effective relationships and networks with stakeholders, agencies, municipalities and other levels of government.
- Builds a commitment to excellence and common purpose by promoting LRHG’s vision, mission and values internally and externally.
- Is accessible to senior management and invests the time necessary to build relationships with all team members.
- Other related duties as required and/or assigned by the Housing Management Body Board.
- Bachelor of Commerce, diploma/degree/MBA in Business Administration or a related field, from a recognized institution.
- A C.I.H. designation would be considered a definite asset. A combination of education and experience may be considered equivalent.
- Minimum five to seven years of progressive experience working in social housing operations is required.
- Minimum five years in a management role is required.
- Ability to oversee and maintain a large-scale budget and implement, develop and carry out working procedures and programs.
- Knowledge of building maintenance with experience managing projects.
- Knowledge of administrative research methods, techniques and report presentation.
- Direct experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, stakeholders, government, and public in face-to face, one-on-one settings and in group settings.
- Knowledge of social support systems provided by the Alberta and Saskatchewan governments.
- Ability to lead and effectively coordinate the efforts of various departments and functions with other governmental or private agencies to accomplish program goals or objectives.
- Ability to analyze a variety of administrative, operational, fiscal, and social problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and cohesively with others.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a personal or rented vehicle.
- Be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
- Be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
Please direct questions to Deanna at 780-875-9131 or Joyce at 780-214-9165. Resumes will be accepted until a successful candidate is found. The short-listing process will begin on October 3, 2022. Resumes including three references may be submitted to email@example.com
Lloydminster Region Housing Group
“Creating a community
where everyone has a place
to call home”